ECOCAFE SA is committed to protecting your privacy. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal information and we will be happy to assist you.
Table of contents
- Definitions used in this policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have over your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- How do we use your personal data?
- Who else has access to your personal data?
- How do we secure your data?
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal data - any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing - any operation or set of operations, performed on personal data or sets of personal data.
Data subject - a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child - a natural person under the age of 16.
We / us - ECOCAFE SA
Data protection principles
We are committed to the following data protection principles:
- The processing is legal, fair, transparent. Our processing activities are based on legitimate grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. On request, we will provide you with information about the processing.
- Processing is limited to the purpose / aim. Our processing activities correspond to the objective/purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- Processing is carried out with a minimum of data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- The processing is limited in time. We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information - which means that you have the "right to know" whether your personal data is being processed; what data is being collected, where it comes from, why and by whom it is being processed.
- Right of access - which means you have the right to access the data you have provided, or collected about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected personal data.
- Right of rectification - which means that you have the right to request the rectification or deletion of your personal data that are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to deletion - which means that under certain circumstances you can request that your personal data be deleted from our records.
- Right to restrict processing - which means that under certain conditions you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing - which means that in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing - which means that you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. You can exercise this right, whenever the issue of profiling has legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability - you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if practicable, by direct transfer.
- Right to complain - in the event that we deny your request under the access rights, we will provide you with the reason for our denial. Please contact us if you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled.
- Right to assistance from a supervisory authority - this means that you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as compensation.
- Right of withdrawal - you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
Data we collect
Information you have provided to us
This may include your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc., primarily information needed to deliver a product/service to you, or to enhance your customer experience with us. We store the information you provide to us so that you can comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information about you collected automatically
This includes information stored automatically by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your purchase history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or view content on our website, your activities may be recorded.
Information from our partners
We collect information from our trusted partners, with confirmation that they have legitimate reasons for sharing that information with us. This is either information that you have: provided to them directly or that they have collected about you for other legitimate reasons. See the list of our partners:
- Infomaniak Network SA, Les Acacias (GE)
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our service. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services you have requested; providing you, at your request, with promotional items and communicating with you in connection with those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any of the services.
- improve your customer experience;
- to meet a legal or contractual obligation;
We use your personal data for legitimate reasons and/or with your consent.
In order to conclude a contract or to fulfil contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- to identify you;
- provide you with a service or send / offer you a product;
- communicate either in the context of sales or billing;
On the basis of a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- to administer and analyze our customer base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of the products / services offered / provided;
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys;
Unless you have informed us otherwise, we intend to offer you similar or identical products/services based on your purchase history/browsing behavior on the site, in our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes
- send you newsletters and special deals (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- for other purposes, for which we have asked your consent;
We process your personal data in order to meet legal obligations and/or use your personal data for the choices provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize the personal data collected and to use these data. We will only use data outside the scope of this policy if it is anonymized. We retain your billing and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes or other legal obligations, but no longer than 3 years.
We may process your personal data for other purposes not listed here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. In doing so, we will ensure that:
- the link between the goals, context and nature of the personal data is appropriate for further processing;
- the further processing does not harm your interests, and
- that there is an appropriate backup for the treatment.
We will inform you of any further processing and objectives.
Who else can access your personal data?
We do not share your personal information with strangers. In some cases, personal data about you is provided to our trusted partners to enable us to provide the service to you or to improve your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Infomaniak Network SA, Les Acacias (GE)
We only work with processing partners who are able to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally required to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to protect your personal data. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymization and pseudonymization where appropriate. We monitor our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks.
While we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we are committed to informing the appropriate authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and assist authorities in the event of a breach.
If you have an account with us, please note that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information about children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information used to help the sites function. We can only access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may prevent you from using certain features.
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to use certain important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies - these cookies provide features that make using our service more convenient and allow for more personalized functionality. For example, they may remember your name and email address in comment forms, so you don't have to re-enter that information the next time you comment.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to serve ads that are relevant to you and your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an ad. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the permission of the website operator. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and that this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Most of the time, targeting or advertising cookies will be related to the site features provided by the other organization.
You can delete the cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. The following links show you how to set cookies for different browsers:
Tel: +41 31 322 4395
Last modification made on 08.12.2022